Outbound allows you to upload user data, as a CSV file, and provides a CSV template to make the process easier.
When you import a CSV file, Outbound processes the information, then sends you an email when the processing is complete.
- Do not upload columns with no row values.
- All values in Outbound are case sensitive. When updating an attribute, make sure it matches the case of the existing attribute; otherwise, a new attribute will be created.
To import users from an existing file
- In Outbound, click the Settings icon () in the left-side navigation.
- Click Settings > Users to open the User Settings page.
- In the Users section of the page, click the Upload button next to the environment you want to use.
For more information on production and development environments, see Using a development environment for testing.
- Locate and select the CSV file you want to upload, and click Choose.
- When the file has been processed, you'll receive an email notification, and you can begin creating a campaign.
To download and use the Outbound CSV template
- Open the User Settings page.
- In the Users section, click the template download link:
The template is downloaded to your computer.
- Once you download and open the CSV, you will find a number of pre-filled column headers:
The user_id column must contain values, as this is the main identifier within Outbound. Ideally, user_id values should match the same convention you're using for new values coming into Outbound. In addition to providing values for the listed columns, you can also add your own columns for custom user attributes (as shown with the example column).
- When you finish entering the values, save the template, then upload it to the environment you're using, as described above.