Goals are events you want your users to reach after they receive a message (or are placed in a control group). Once a user receives a message, you can choose how long they have to reach the goal(s) of a campaign.
By having multiple variants, you can track what type of messaging/medium is most effective in converting users to a goal. Once enough messages have been sent out in each variant and once we reach a statistical significance, we will conclude a winning variant under your reporting pages. You can then alter the allocation to just send out that message, or continue to try new ones.
To configure a goal event
- In the campaign builder, click to expand the Define a goal section.
If you don't see this section in the builder, make sure you've defined a triggering event.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a goal event, or choose Create new event.
- (Optional) Use the controls to add event properties.
- (Optional) Match goals to triggering events. This is especially useful if you have multiple goal events, and want to respond to them differently.
- Set a time period for the responding triggering event, and give the goal a name.
- Repeat as necessary by clicking the ADD ANOTHER GOAL button.